Problems cross-compiling with clang 3.7 & 3.9 on 10.6

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Mar 27 15:14:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

After a long time I tried cross-compiling a few things on 10.6, but
most attempts failed:

> clang-mp-3.4 -arch ppc test.c -o test

[OK]

> clang-mp-3.7 -arch i386 test.c -o test

[OK]

> clang-mp-3.7 -arch ppc test.c -o test
ld: warning: ignoring file
/opt/local/libexec/llvm-3.7/bin/../lib/clang/3.7.1/lib/darwin/libclang_rt.osx.a,
missing required architecture ppc in file
ld: symbol dyld_stub_binder not found (normally in libSystem.dylib).
Needed to perform lazy binding to function _exit for architecture ppc

> clang-mp-3.9 test.c -o test
ld: library not found for -lto_library

> clang-mp-3.9 -arch i386 test.c -o test
ld: library not found for -lto_library

> clang-mp-3.9 -arch ppc test.c -o test
ld: library not found for -lto_library

Any hints about how to fix these issues?

Any tickets I found that that remotely resembled problems with lto
have been closed.

With respect to ppc I probably just need to recompile the compiler
with some proper universal flag? Is there any chance to enable some of
that on the buildbot?

Mojca