GSoC'17: Add migrate action to port command Project

Umesh Singla umeshksingla at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 18:55:54 UTC 2017

Hi Brad,

I'm UTC +5:30. Around 10:00 to 15:00 (UTC -8) is a good time, I suppose.

I have been going through discussion on the mailing list again and found
that the automating the tasks given under Migration documentation is just a
start for the port migration tool we need. Can you tell me what other cases
it needs to cater? Do I need to include the solution proposals to them in
my GSoC proposal at this time or we can work it out as we go?

As of now, I'm not able to divide the work into different phases, might
need your help.

I don't know if we'll allow Tcl to run in the new environment. Otherwise,
it seems to implement port with a bash script calling on sqlite3 on the
macports registry/registry.d to get the relevant data.

Also, will the project phasing out dependency on XCode tools affect this
one anytime soon?

Thanks,
Umesh