manpages is mdoc(7)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Mar 30 19:47:38 UTC 2017

On 03/30/2017 09:26 PM, Jan Stary wrote:
> Just forget it. My intentions when proposing the mdoc(7) rewrite
> were the opposite of having asciidoc and docbook and xml/xsl ...

While the dependencies seem quite heavy, languages like man(7)/mdoc(7) just fell
out of fashion and rarely anyone still understands it or is willing to learn it...

The intention of using AsciiDoc is to make contributions easier, and it has
proven its fitness for this task in other open source projects such as Git.

Rainer