Congratulations to all the selected GSOC students and projects

Zero King l2dy at macports.org
Mon May 8 16:02:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 11:12:04PM +0200, Clemens Lang wrote:
>You have been accepted into Google Summer of Code 2017 and will work for
>MacPorts over the summer. Congratulations, we are happy to have you!

Thanks for picking my project and mentoring.

>Please read our guidelines we put together here:
>  http://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeGuidelines

Subversion -> Git ;)

>As a general rule, we as mentors are here to assist you with your
>project, so please just ask if you need assistance with anything. I may
>not always find time to answer quickly, but please keep pinging me, I'm
>here to help!

My work will be done in github.com/macports-staging first and then
deployed to github.com/macports.

I'm trying to install MacPorts on Travis VMs. I want to avoid syncing
the ports tree to save more time for actual testing.  Since the .pkg
installer would automatically call `port -v selfupdate` I've modified
.travis.yml in base to produce an archive of /opt/local after executing
`sudo port install`. To create the "macports" user I also added the
postflight script into the archive at
https://github.com/macports-staging/macports-base/releases. After
extracting the archive, patching conf files and running postflight, I
tried to install getopt for mpbb but that failed with

Error: Updating database of binaries failed
Error: rev-upgrade failed: can't read "env(COLUMNS)": no such variable
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

Please help. Even though I could just install the .pkg but using
archives allows me to deploy it on Linux too so we could use a different
CI for lint tests and only test PRs on Travis.

--
Best regards,
Zero King

Don't trust the From address.