Congratulations to all the selected GSOC students and projects

Zero King l2dy at macports.org
Tue May 9 02:11:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 10:56:40PM +0200, Rainer Müller wrote:
>On 2017-05-08 21:57, Clemens Lang wrote:
>>> I'm trying to install MacPorts on Travis VMs. I want to avoid syncing
>>> the ports tree to save more time for actual testing. Since the .pkg
>>> installer would automatically call `port -v selfupdate` I've modified
>>> .travis.yml in base to produce an archive of /opt/local after
>>> executing `sudo port install`. To create the "macports" user I also
>>> added the postflight script into the archive at
>>> https://github.com/macports-staging/macports-base/releases. After
>>> extracting the archive, patching conf files and running postflight, I
>>> tried to install getopt for mpbb but that failed with
>>>
>>> Error: Updating database of binaries failed
>>> Error: rev-upgrade failed: can't read "env(COLUMNS)": no such variable
>>> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
>>
>> I think this happens because MacPorts for some reason thinks stdout is
>> connected to a terminal, but ioctl(STDOUT_FILENO, TIOCGWINSZ) does not
>> return useful sizes and the environment variables COLUMNS and LINES are
>> not set either.

Thanks. It was quite obvious but I thought it would be a problem in the
archive.

>A pre-compiled tarball of /opt/local for each system (OS version, arch,
>Xcode version, etc.) seems the right way to me to get the base system to
>the worker as quick as possible.
>
>The base tarball creation itself should be a job on Travis CI to easily
>create it for each new base release.

I've done that in
https://github.com/macports-staging/macports-base/blob/master/.travis.yml.

Does anyone have a list of packages to install on Ubuntu Trusty to run
MacPorts? This would save some test builds for Travis.

--
Best regards,
Zero King

Don't trust the From address.