Python 3.4

Russell Jones russell.jones at physics.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 10 13:58:58 UTC 2017

On 10/05/17 02:26, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On May 8, 2017, at 12:36 PM, mf2k at macports.org wrote:
>> I think we should strive to support the latest versions of python 2 and 3 only.
> +1 (just like we should do with perl5).

-1. We should give module and port maintainers a chance to support 3.x
with x maximal, and either

a) wait for some reasonable seeming measure of time, e.g., until 3.x.1
or 3.x.2 are out, or

b) keep 3.(x-1) until some proportion (90%?) of modules for it are
supported for 3.x, or removed from MacPorts if upstream have no plans to
support 3.x (this perhaps sounds drastic, but has the same effect as
only supporting 3.x, and for a smaller set of ports)

Russell