gcc, AVX (and newer) intrinsics and binutils

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 12 10:48:41 UTC 2017

> GCC vs. clang comparisons on sites like Phoronix suggest that GCC still has the upper hand compared even to clang 4.0 in computation-intensive tasks so it would make a lot of sense to get it to support the full instruction set.

Please provide links to support such a claim. My reading is the
comparison is far from as clear cut as you make out. For instance

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=gcc7-clang4-jan&num=1

OK, thats from january, with a prelease gcc 7 version. Its the newest I
have found though...

Chris