[macports-ports] branch master updated: openntpd: add https variant, formatting

Zero King l2dy at macports.org
Mon May 22 02:50:32 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 09:41:06PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> The libtls library, as shipped with LibreSSL 2.3.2 or later, is
>>> required to use the HTTPS constraint feature, though it is not
>>> required to use OpenNTPD.
>>
>> libtls.dylib will not be removed from libressl* ports. OpenNTPD requires
>> LibreSSL to use its HTTPS constraint feature and my libtls port is just
>> a workaround.
>>
>> The plan is if @jeremyhu is willing to maintain libtls too it can be
>> added to the ports tree and used by default in the variant. If not, the
>> variant only works with LibreSSL.
>
>So then your plan is for there to be two ports (libressl and libtls) that both provide the same software (libtls.dylib) and for them to conflict with one another?

Yes. For LibreSSL users libtls.dylib already exists so libtls won't be
installed with this variant and for OpenSSL users libtls can be
installed. Most users already have one of them installed or would stick
to the default (openssl), so I think it's safe to use depends_lib-append
path:lib/libtls.dylib:libtls in the variant.

--
Best regards,
Zero King

Don't trust the From address.