candidates for coreutil/binutil equivalents of port:cctool (diskdev_cmds, hfs, file_cmds, ...)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 22 08:21:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

A quick question:

Got me a small external USB3->MSATA SSD drive and started wondering about being able to do at least a periodic TRIM (on <10.10 OS versions) without having to hack the IOAHCI kext.

That led to the question if there aren't other candidate packages on opensource.apple.com of which newer versions could be provided via ports, much like port:cctools does?

FWIW, I'd hoped to find trimforce in the diskdev_cmds package but no such luck.

Thanks,
R.