streamline github dev process

Zero King l2dy at macports.org
Wed May 31 12:52:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:40:07AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>The new bot could solve some of those problems, but it's still a pity
>that maintainers cannot have slightly higher permissions set.

What kind of slightly higher permissions? I can make the bot auto-merge
PRs approved by all related maintainers but that sounds dangerous.

>In theory GitHub's pull requests should allow to have *much less*
>committers. In theory doing the reviews and merging pull requests
>should be much easier that doing the same thing on Trac where the
>patches get outdated, cannot be reviewed on line-by-line basis etc. In
>practice I need to have a cheatsheet for merging pull requests and do
>some not-anywhere-easy-to-remember steps to be able to merge trivial
>PRs when some modifications are desired.

I wrote a Gist about making changes to PRs, feedback via email is
welcome. https://gist.github.com/l2dy/7da9621954ebcf1a19869f391662a41e

--
Best regards,
Zero King