[macports-ports] branch master updated: cmake: require C++11 for both release and devel.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 7 18:57:59 UTC 2017

On Nov 7, 2017, at 06:07, Michael Dickens wrote:

> Reverted in <
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/44373e0fd9955702e9e2f6820b2cf595fec24c65
>> . Thanks for testing & feedback.

Thank you!

> If/when the release is moved to
> requiring C++11, I'll also create a subport for the last version that
> doesn't, for bootstrap purposes per our discussion (assuming it is still
> relevant to do so at that time). - MLD

I would suggest we should not update cmake to a version that requires C++11. It was unwise for the developers of cmake to impose such a restriction on their software, since their software is used to build other software, and that other software might not want to impose the same restriction. I'm unclear whether having a subport for the last non-C++11 version will help.