Upstream NeoMutt is asking for help to test MacPorts build in TravisCI

Leonardo Brondani Schenkel leonardo at schenkel.net
Thu Nov 9 13:46:58 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Some recent releases of NeoMutt have been problematic and upstream is
asking for help on setting up some sort of macOS test environment on
TravisCI. They would like to support MacPorts, if possible.

I'm the maintainer of the port in MacPorts but I'm not familiar with our
buildbot infrastructure. Is there anything we can do to help them, or at
least point them into the right direction? Theoretically they need a
clean machine with MacPorts installed, and a custom version of the
Portfile, would they need anything else? Anybody ever did anything
similar on TravisCI?

Here's where this is being discussed:
https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/938

Feel free to comment there, or you prefer you can comment here and I can
relay the conversation.

Thanks,
// Leonardo.