[macports-guide] branch master updated: Convert from docbook 4.5 -> 5.0

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Nov 16 11:07:07 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-16 06:47, Eitan Adler wrote:
> There is a chance that I ran into a problem, "fixed" it by using
> xml:id, and then found the proper fix
>
> [64796 21:45:50.877 eax at FlyingEagle ~/svn/macports/guide]∴git push
> grimreaper && git pull-request
> https://github.com/macports/macports-guide/pull/11
>
> Seems to just work

Maybe I was a bit too fast when I merged the pull request...

Although it builds fine and the resulting HTML looks correct now, the
'make validate' step failed when trying to deploy the changes:

$ make validate
/opt/local/bin/xmllint --xinclude --loaddtd --postvalid --noout
guide/xml/guide.xml
intro.xml:6: element chapter: validity error : No declaration for
attribute id of element chapter
installing.xml:8: element chapter: validity error : No declaration for
attribute id of element chapter
installing.xml:17: element section: validity error : No declaration for
attribute id of element section

I guess this was the reason why you had changed it before to xml:id="".
DocBook 5 only has xml:id="" [1], but why is this not converted into the
expected id="" for HTML output? Are we missing some option for docbook-xsl?

Rainer

[1] http://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/5.0/ref-elements.html#common.attributes