[macports-ports] 01/04: rtmpdump: update to version 2.4 git master as of 20151223

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 16 14:34:05 UTC 2017

On Nov 14, 2017, at 16:56, David B. Evans wrote:

> David B. Evans (dbevans) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/8b6e4e6388af0f6eb85515afbe05f90306ab5f49
>
> commit 8b6e4e6388af0f6eb85515afbe05f90306ab5f49
>
> Author: David B. Evans <devans at macports.org>
> AuthorDate: Tue Nov 14 14:36:08 2017 -0800
>

>     rtmpdump: update to version 2.4 git master as of 20151223
>

>     As recommended upstream.  All available tarball releases are
>
>     considered outdated (including version 2.4 released 20110711).
>

>     Library version is incremented to librtmp.1.

You revbumped the ports that depend unconditionally on librtmp, but didn't revbump ffmpeg and ffmpeg-devel which depend on librtmp only when the +librtmp variant is used, which caused ffmpeg to be broken on my system, because I have used that variant. rev-upgrade would have discovered this and rebuilt ffmpeg on my system, but I don't have rev-upgrade turned on.

Before we had rev-upgrade, we would have revbumped ffmpeg and ffmpeg-devel too, for users who had selected the variant. Should we continue to do so now, for the benefit of users who don't use rev-upgrade, or should we assume that those users will rebuild the ports on their own when they break?