virtual machine for 10.5 intel ?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Oct 3 07:49:20 UTC 2017

On 3 October 2017 at 05:01, Ken Cunningham wrote:
> if anyone would care to enlighten me on the best approach to making a VM for 10.5 intel, I would appreciate it. This is the only system I have that I can’t presently see a way to virtualize.

I didn't actually try it, but (other technical solution aside)
officially you need the server version of 10.5 (up to 10.7 it was
necessary to have Mac OS X Server to be legally allowed to virtualize
it). You can probably download it if you have a paid developer account
at Apple.

(Or random googling reveals unconfirmed information like
https://communities.vmware.com/message/2568313#2568313. For a while I
was actually looking at official ways to purchase 10.6 Server for
virtualization, but I could only find "insanely expensive" options for
a long-obsolete OS and I really didn't want to spend 150 EUR or so for
a copy. I didn't know about an option to download it from the payed
developer account back then.)

There's pretty detailed information about how to get Tiger working:
    https://github.com/ranma42/TigerOnVBox
but I'm not sure if the same applies to Leopard (neither did I try that).

Mojca