check for os and xcode version

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Fri Oct 6 01:09:53 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-05 19:15, Joshua Root wrote:
> Ideally fix the code such that it works with any Xcode version and avoid
> having to check,

I think this is rather up to upstream, but fixing something that only
breaks with Xcode 9 seems the wrong approach anyway.
IMO Apple has to fix Xcode instead.

> but if that's not possible, the xcodeversion variable
> is available in Portfiles. It's not a simple integer like os.major, so
> make sure you use the vercmp command when comparing versions (as opposed
> to '<', '>' or '==').

Well, it's not the first time that I've noticed that Xcode breaks code
for some weird reason. I hope Apple fixes Xcode in the near future.

Can you please give me an example how to use vercmp and xcodeversion?

Cheers,
 K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0xF7832007C11F128D
Key fingerprint = 28A3 1666 4FE8 D72C CFD5 8B23 F783 2007 C11F 128D

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/