ui_options(questions_singlechoice)

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Fri Oct 6 17:49:12 UTC 2017

Hi Umesh,

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Umesh Singla <umeshksingla at macports.org> wrote:
> Hi, devs
>
> I have to use $macports::ui_options(questions_singlechoice) for a project on
> a list of some other registry data structure (snapshot) and not ports. It
> gets displayed in the following manner on terminal:
>
> Select any one snapshot to restore:
>
>  1) ::registry::snapshot0
>
>  2) ::registry::snapshot1
>
>  3) ::registry::snapshot2
>
>  4) ::registry::snapshot3
>
> Enter a number to select an option:
>

> I would like to know how to display useful information enough to identify
> instead of "::registry::snapshot0" or "::registry::snapshot1". A
> registry::snapshot has id, note, created_at fields.

IIRC, I had used something like this -

$macports::ui_options(questions_singlechoice) "Select any one snapshot
to restore:" "" [$reg_field_list]

Hope this helps. Although, I couldn't find the exact location where
ui_options are defined for the parameters that it would accept. Quite
some time I touched base code.

--
Jackson Isaac