Force build on wrong builder

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Oct 12 20:23:02 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-13 01:49 , db wrote:
> On 12 Oct 2017, at 16:13, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> On Oct 12, 2017, at 09:11, db wrote:
>>>
>>> Does a commit to a dependency trigger a rebuild of its rdependents?
>> Unfortunately no. We've been discussing that on the -infra list but I don't think we found a solution we like yet.
>
> What happens if a requested port needs a newer dependency? Does it build it locally and trigger the buildbot to schedule it? Ideally, it could do that, or even, depending on the buildbot's current jobs, it could at least rebuild the remaining dependencies of the requested port and make those available for download, since it would probably take more cycles to build locally and it won't be distributed anyway.

The dependencies are always built of course, since you can't install a
port without its dependencies. They are not rebuilt. All old port
versions are uninstalled after each build, so the deps will never be
outdated during a build. Also a build would have been triggered in
response to any earlier commit that updated one of the deps.

All dependencies that have not yet been deployed are in the
corresponding step of every build.

- Josh