[macports-ports] 02/37: apache24-devel: rename to apache2

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Mon Oct 16 20:25:25 UTC 2017

Ryan,

There were so many moving parts to the switch over from apache 2.2.x to 2.4.x, that some things feel through the cracks.

Commit https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/d921c4a5be5ac76720c54702d066ff9914885fa2 <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/d921c4a5be5ac76720c54702d066ff9914885fa2>

> On Oct 16, 2017, at 3:03 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org <mailto:ryandesign at macports.org>> wrote:
>

> On Oct 15, 2017, at 13:29, Marius Schamschula wrote:
>
>> Marius Schamschula (Schamschula) pushed a commit to branch master
>> in repository macports-ports.
>>

>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/12fedbd20c5bd98b3dc91437384886d24ede3f52 <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/12fedbd20c5bd98b3dc91437384886d24ede3f52>
>>
>> commit 12fedbd20c5bd98b3dc91437384886d24ede3f52
>>
>> Author: Marius Schamschula <mps at macports.org>
>> AuthorDate: Sun Oct 15 12:40:08 2017 -0500
>>

>>    apache24-devel: rename to apache2
>
> I had both apache2 and apache24-devel installed. Attempting to upgrade apache2 to the new version failed to activate, because it conflicted with files provided by apache24-devel.
>
> --->  Activating apache2 @2.4.28_0+preforkmpm+universal
> Error: Failed to activate apache2: Image error: /opt/local/bin/ab is being used by the active apache24-devel port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate apache2' to force the activation.
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_rschmidt_macports_macports-ports-svn-trunk_www_apache2/apache2/main.log for details.
>
> What you want to do here is reinstate the apache24-devel portfile, at the same version as before, one revision higher, mark it as "replaced_by apache2", and include "PortGroup obsolete 1.0". Keep this obsolete portfile in the ports tree until all users have upgraded; usually 1 year is sufficient. See:
>
> https://guide.macports.org/#development.practices.rename-replace-port <https://guide.macports.org/#development.practices.rename-replace-port>
>
> Specifically:
>
> https://guide.macports.org/#development.obsolete-portgroup

Marius