Help with Buildbot Logic

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Fri Oct 20 18:58:13 UTC 2017

I am trying to figure out whey llvm-5.0 and clang-5.0 are not located
on packages.macports.org for Mac OS X 10.6.
Below are the steps I have tried.
Can anyone help me understand where I am going wrong?

1) On my local virtual machine, llvm-5.0 and clang-5.0 build on Mac OS X 10.6
(see https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54996).

2) Neither llvm-5.0 nor clang-5.0 seem have been uploaded to
packages.macports.org
(see
http://packages.macports.org/llvm-5.0/?C=M;O=D
and
http://packages.macports.org/clang-5.0/?C=M;O=D).

3) I tried for force a rebuild of llvm-5.0 with the intention of then
forcing a rebuild of clang-5.0.
(see https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_i386_legacy-watcher/builds/9866).

4) The buildbot claims that llvm-5.0 has already been "built and uploaded"
even though it is not on packages.macports.org
(see https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_i386_legacy-watcher/builds/9866/steps/subports/logs/stdio).

5) The buildbot then tries to build lldb-5.0 and fails for a separate reason
(see https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_i386_legacy-builder/builds/29586/steps/install-port/logs/stdio).

Does [4] mean that the buildbot mistakenly think that llvm-5.0 is
already on packages.macports.org?
Does [5] mean that llvm-5.0 can not be built so long as lldb-5.0 fails to build?

Thank you,
Marcus