Help with Buildbot Logic

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 21 01:19:49 UTC 2017

On Oct 20, 2017, at 16:03, Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On 20 October 2017 at 11:58, Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:
>>> I am trying to figure out whey llvm-5.0 and clang-5.0 are not located
>>> on packages.macports.org for Mac OS X 10.6.
>>
>> Can you please check whether the packages are binary distributable? It
>> could be that the package was already built, but not uploaded due to
>> some licence conflict.
>>
>> Our setup doesn't really distinguish between ports that have been
>> built and uploaded and ports that have been built, but not uploaded.
>> We should not rebuild the port in any case. We could theoretically
>> distinguish the difference or simply change the message (easier,
>> Zdoesn't change anything).
>

> The files are now available on packages.macports.org.
> My apologies for the noise.

"Already built and uploaded" means uploaded to the private server. From there, it still needs to rsync to the public server before you can see it. Normally, rsyncs happen every half hour, however one rsync must complete before the next begins. When huge ports are updated, this results in huge files needing to be rsynced, which can take hours, which delays other changes from being seen publicly. In this case, the huge ports in question were llvm-devel/clang-devel/lldb-devel. The situation will improve when the internet connection at the private server is upgraded. I was expecting to hear back from the internet service provider about that today; I will contact them again Monday.