[macports-ports] branch master updated (27855f9 -> 8d04fcb)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Oct 29 18:20:51 UTC 2017

On 10/29/2017 05:41 PM, Ken Cunningham wrote:
> I suggested that to the OP, but no response...
>
> It is admittedly a bit tedious to clone his entire repo to fix it for him, and the lure to do it right in the browser is strong when it takes but 5 seconds to fix on the web interface --

You do not have to clone their repo, just use 'git push' with the repo URL and
branch name.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGit#aUpdatePRwithyourchanges

> Are we sure we don't want to enable the 'squash and merge' option?

Initially we did not enable this option because apparently it will become the
default merge option in the web interface and there is no way to change that.

After a year of using GitHub, I think this option would be quite useful.
I assume most project members doing merges are used to the workflow by now. Even
if someone clicked it by accident, in the next step only the commit message
editor pops up and the action needs to be confirmed anyway.

Rainer