Deactivate hack and increasing revision

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Sep 6 15:31:13 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-06 14:48, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> When a port is activated, does MacPorts look for pre-activate and post-activate blocks in the Portfile in the ports tree, or in the Portfile in the registry? I thought it looked in the registry.

In your case, the ssh-copy-id port was already installed, but inactive.
The Portfile in your registry will not have the pre-activate phase,
because it was copied at "install" before the pre-activate phase was
added to the ports tree.

When you use 'port activate', it will use the registry.
When you use 'port install' or 'port upgrade', it will use the ports tree.

Rainer