[MacPorts] #54766: Does port:clang*'s libstdcxx have to be default?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 07:27:13 UTC 2017

On Wednesday September 06 2017 22:05:16 Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't notice any such changes to base - I update that only when I have a very good reason, and probably would gloss over changes that are irrelevant. Not even having the DevSDK installed ... what good is a computer for in that case? ;)

>the DevSDK (the part of the Command Line Tools package that installs /usr/include) is not installed.

OK, wondered what that was.
This is one side-effect of upgrading as little as possible (and using Linux systems in parallel): you forget the hoops you have to go through to get things to work. (Also like how to prune Xcode back down to a justifiable disk footprint by removing crud I'll never use ....)

>This allows our clang ports to "just work" for users that install them without installing the DevSDK.

And it changes nothing for the others?

>Removing proxying through xcrun has nothing to do with making it possible to use other compilers.

Well, Qt does `xcrun -sdk $QMAKE_MAC_SDK -find $QMAKE_CXX` and as far as I've seen that means you always get the clang from Xcode no matter what QMAKE_CXX is set to.

R.