State of the GnuPG ports

Jann Röder mail at jann-roeder.net
Sun Sep 10 01:31:55 UTC 2017

I also agree with what you wrote. The three ports

- gnupg-legacy (possibly call this gnupg14 - since this is unlikely to
change)
- gnupg-stable
- gnupg-current

should all conflict with each other.

I'm in favour of keeping version numbers out of port names because if
upstream iterate quickly you'll end up with lots of ports.

I think all gnupg ports should install an executable called gpg (with a
symlink to gpg2 - if this is really a problem).

The gnupg port should be an alias of gnupg-stable. I suppose
dependencies should just depend on the gpg executable rather than a
specific port (and list gnupg as the port that installs it).

This will also solve the problem in your port since the
dependency on the gpg executable can be satisfied by all three ports.

Jann