Switching cxx_stdlib for C++11 on legacy macOS (was: Re: [GSoC] migration)

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Sep 14 16:13:21 UTC 2017

On 4 September 2017 at 14:10, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Sep 4, 2017, at 04:25, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Is there any chance that we could schedule one 30-(max 90) minute long
>> IRC meeting to finally settle this issue? At least from the
>> philosophical point of view; code itself should be much easier to
>> write once the decision is met.
> Perhaps, but why does this one decision have to be reached over IRC, when we successfully use email for other discussions?

In my opinion it will take at least another few months (years?) to
reach any agreement (if at all) if we continue at the current pace. If
we agree on a short (but sufficiently long slot), the idea is to force
anyone to reach the agreement within the designated 90 minutes and
volunteer for / delegate the work that's needed to actually implement
the solution. Plus discuss which things will be implemented and which
ones not.

We could decide on any way to proceed. Some are more correct than the
others, but require maybe 100 times more work, others use compromises.
I would be glad if we could meet shortly in a not too distant future
and decide what would work best.


More information about the macports-dev mailing list