[MacPorts] HighSierraProblems modified

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 27 20:55:21 UTC 2017

On Sep 27, 2017, at 13:49, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2017-09-25 12:00, Rainer Müller wrote:
>> On 2017-09-20 17:25, mf2k at macports.org wrote:
>>> Can someone confirm this?
>>
>> I can confirm that option exists, but I do not know what it actually
>> does. There is also a 'xcodebuild -checkFirstLaunchStatus' which we
>> could use to issue the appropriate warning if needed.
>>
>> My best guess would be that this would select/install something for
>> installations without Command Line Tools...?
>
> Apparently this step was required in order to build MacVim as ibtool
> would otherwise throw a very strange error:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54889#comment:8

I was under the impression that "sudo xcodebuild -runFirstLaunch" was equivalent to opening the Xcode application and performing the first-run installation there. At least, before opening Xcode, I ran "xcodebuild -checkFirstLaunchStatus; echo $?" and it printed "69"; then I opened Xcode, did the first run-installation there, and afterward, ran "xcodebuild -checkFirstLaunchStatus; echo $?" again, and it printed "0".