Uninstalling Mac Ports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 29 11:34:55 UTC 2017

On Sep 28, 2017, at 21:20, Derick Pillaga wrote:

> Hello I was wondering if I uninstalled Mac Ports safely without missing with my MacBook Pro which was running Mac Port 2.4.1. I followed the steps online but I want to make sure my system is running properly because when I wrote the first line into the terminal it said that the command could not be found so I just copied the whole list into the terminal and there was no confirmation.

I presume you're referring to these instructions:

https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html

The first command shown there:

sudo port -fp uninstall installed

If that said that the command "port" could not be found, that implies that you didn't have MacPorts installed. Or the path to it (usually /opt/local/bin) was not in your PATH variable; in that case, specify the absolute path to it, i.e.:

sudo /opt/local/bin/port -fp uninstall installed

If you need further help, show us exactly what you typed and what the response was.