[macports-ports] 01/02: hunspell-en: SCOWL based hunspell dictionary for en_AU, en_CA, en_GB, and en_US

Leonardo Brondani Schenkel leonardo at schenkel.net
Fri Sep 29 13:30:11 UTC 2017

Quick question regarding the name of the port: I couldn't help but
noticing that the port names changed from "hunspell-dict-en" to
"hunspell-en". Was is the reasoning behind it? I'm asking because I'm
the maintainer for "pt_BR" and I'm going to submit "sv_SE" and I would
like to know if the naming convention is changing, so I can follow.

Another question is regarding the dependency on hunspell: is it really
needed at runtime? The fact that I want to install a dictionary does not
necessarily mean that I want to use hunspell (the command line tool);
plenty of other GUI tools, and macOS itself, support hunspell and can be
told to use the dictionaries.

Thanks!
// Leonardo