[macports-ports] 01/02: hunspell-en: SCOWL based hunspell dictionary for en_AU, en_CA, en_GB, and en_US

Leonardo Brondani Schenkel leonardo at schenkel.net
Fri Sep 29 14:32:40 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-29 16:17, Marius Schamschula wrote:
> 1) I went by repology.org <http://repology.org> for the more common
> package name used by other packaging systems: hunspell-en. Only MacPorts
> used hunspell-dict-en_*.

I was not aware of this site. Nice resource, thanks for the link!

> 2) The new package is fundamentally different in terms of its source and
> build mechanism, given that all hunspell-dict-* packages are currently
> broken (the list of dictionaries and source code was removed from
> OpenOffice.org <http://OpenOffice.org>).

Right. I did not know that because hunspell-dict-pt_BR, and the one I
just submitted, -sv_SE, although they use the hunspelldict port group
they override the download location to fetch from LibreOffice instead.

If the intent is to use this new naming convention moving forward, I can
rename the ports I maintain to match.

// Leonardo.