Include file search path problem building py-grpcio with setuptools

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Apr 2 17:50:12 UTC 2018

On 2018-4-3 02:12 , Enrico Maria Crisostomo wrote:
> How is the compiler include file search path set up in this case?  The /opt/local/include/openssl path should come from MacPorts, but I don't know where it's set and how I can override it.

It's not: src/boringssl/err_data.c says #include <openssl/err.h>. So
apparently it's putting -I/opt/local/include before its internal
boringssl include path.

MacPorts normally passes -I${prefix}/include in CPPFLAGS, but that's not
done for setup.py builds. Perhaps it comes from python, though the only
place -I flags occur in sysconfig are the CPPFLAGS and PY_CFLAGS
variables, which I don't think are normally used by distutils. But I
could be wrong. I guess that leaves cython or some other dependency?

- Josh