Gsoc 18 Project | Collect build statistics

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Apr 4 05:38:49 UTC 2018

Dear Vishnu,

On 3 April 2018 at 23:54, Vishnu wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have finished the mini project given to me.
> I am now successfully able to scrape data from json into the database.
> And have integrated the database and website to display all the ports and their basic information as it was required
> All the images and files are attached.
> Please go through the link.
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LbMnyHjaRCbg7IrAUMM042eD7O2Br-jU

Thank you very much.

As far as I am concerned this serves ok as a demo.
(The database would ideally be filled with Django as well, but that's
ok for now.)
I don't know if other mentors have any further questions.

> On 4 April 2018 at 03:19, Vishnu wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have finished the mini project given to me.
>> I am successfully able to scrape data from json into the database.
>> And have integrated the database and website to display all the ports and their basic information as it was required
>> All the images and files are attached.
>>
>> My last 3 mails got rejected due to large size.
>> Hence uploaded all the images as attachment..

You can see which emails reached the mailing list by looking at
    https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2018-April/thread.html

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think this email did not reach others
either because the images were still present inline (in quoted
messages) when you hit the "reply to" button and thus the email size
was still prohibitively large.

In the future try not to send anything but trivial/small text
attachments (or super small images like a logotype), any screenshots
should better go to some other place where only those interested in
the topic will go to check them out, while hundreds of other
subscribers to the mailing list would not get their mailboxes filled.

Mojca