Changing default cxx_stdlib to libc++

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 5 02:39:14 UTC 2018

On Apr 3, 2018, at 21:27, Andrew Moore wrote:

> With Apple now planning to phase out Server.app, might they be open to supporting MacPorts once again?  Going forward, I would hope they recognize a vested interest in seeing that the open-source community continues to support them…

As you know, Apple divested themselves of their responsibility for MacPorts, by hiring me for one year to be the macOS forge administrator and to plan the transition away from Apple infrastructure, which was completed in November 2016. Apple has not contacted us since then to indicate any desire to re-involve themselves. Individual Apple employees continue to contribute to MacPorts development as their time and interests permit. It is possible that Apple or other companies who value MacPorts might want to contribute financially, but MacPorts is not currently set up as a legal entity, so we do not currently accept financial donations.