CI system for PR builds

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 13:45:29 UTC 2018

Thanks for the explanation.

On 7 Apr 2018, at 14:37, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> Only after a PR has been approved and merged to master should a binary be uploaded anywhere.

That's what I meant — but reusing buildbot for testing the PRs.

> Our buildbot system was originally set up in 2011 by macOS forge, and was rebuilt and redesigned when we moved it onto my hardware in late 2016.

Is buildbot running on your basement???

> Others may wish to replace it with something that runs on buildbot, so that we can control it completely and aren't subject to the whims and restrictions of the Travis service. I believe I would prefer something running on buildbot, because I dislike having two different systems that behave differently.

Yeah, two CIs is subpar and having ports in tree with the caveat YMWV, too. Streamlining this process could have been something for GSoC. Testing and reproducibility, doesn't seem to me as user to be a prime concern in MP.