[macports-base] branch master updated: Honour startupitem.install at activation time

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Apr 8 23:20:09 UTC 2018

On 2018-4-9 08:43 , Rainer Müller wrote:
> This handles ports that create .plist files via startupitem.* or the new
> startupitems. However, there are also ports that install custom .plist
> file to ${destroot}/Library/Launch*. Some ports even do that
> unconditionally.

Ports that do this should set 'startupitem.create no' and
'startupitem.type launchd', plus whatever other variables like
startupitem.name are needed based on what they called their plist.

I've been wondering if we should also have an option called something
like startupitem.file that could be set to a path, e.g.
${filespath}/my_job.plist, and then base would install it to the right
place.

- Josh