Releasing 2.4.3

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Apr 10 17:44:20 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-10 19:07, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2018, at 17:15, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> If nobody objects, I am going to tag a new release on Tuesday and
>> prepare tarballs.
>
> Please merge my other two commits from this ticket:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55492
>
> My first commit, which you merged, was buggy and needed fixing.

Thanks for noticing. I cherry-picked the other two commits now.

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/47d219119281a5f574ee6298c9e731293bca464e

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/a98fe3b89fba99f8bb873663f85a04831718583b

>> Should I wait with publishing the update over selfupdate until we also
>> have installer packages ready?
>
> Sure?

New releases could be made available via selfupdate immediately. Old
installers will already always selfupdate to the latest version
automatically, so the the result is the same anyway when using on older
installer.

Building package installers is the most time-consuming operation in our
release process. Therefore I was asking whether it is actually worth to
wait for them to appear before releasing to selfupdate.

However, for 2.4.3, Joshua will tag the release instead, as he is also
going to build installers right away.

Rainer