CI system for PR builds

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Apr 11 14:18:49 UTC 2018

On 2018-4-11 23:55 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 11 April 2018 at 15:47, G A wrote:
>> Can these 400 new or pending ports on Trac be rolled over into the repo as
>> PRs?
>
> Yes, that would be ideal, and any help doing that would be greatly appreciated.
>
> It would probably make sense to make a mass-edit on Trac to invite
> authors to submit PRs, but before we do that, we need to have at least
> a simple page with instructions answering the basic questions,
> including request to add @github handles etc.
>
> However, anyone familiar with PRs with a bit of spare time is warmly
> welcome to help by starting transferring the patches/portfiles to
> GitHub, this can be started immediately.

Certainly let's encourage contributors who have something to submit to
use PRs. But I don't know that simply moving existing tickets over to
PRs without the involvement of the original contributor will be useful.
Most of the open submission tickets have problems that need to be
addressed before they are committed.

And yes, if a submission has been reviewed and changes have been
requested, and the contributor has not responded after a reasonable
amount of time, and nobody else has volunteered to fix it, the ticket
can be closed.

- Josh