Docs on submitting new ports and updates (was Re: jmol haspatch maintainer - please commit #56106)

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at macports.org
Wed Apr 11 15:26:06 UTC 2018

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 16:29:56 +0000 Zero King <l2dy at macports.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 12:10:47PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >> I'm following the (obviously out-of-date) guide at
> >> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/Upgrade
> >> but I'll try and use the pull requests for future updates.
> >
> >I've updated that Wiki page to suggest the use of pull requests
> >over trac tickets -- someone might want to look at my new language
> >and see if it can be improved further.
> >
> >Also, what are the other places where we currently describe the
> >process to submit new ports or updates to old ones? It would be
> >good to update those as well.
>
> In our guide: https://guide.macports.org/#project.contributing /
> https://github.com/macports/macports-guide.

I've made some small changes to the Guide to emphasize pull requests
(and to add some mentions of them in places where they weren't
previously mentioned.) I also fixed a last reference to Subversion.

If some else would like to have a look at what I changed, help polish
it, and maybe also help improve the way the Guide explains how to use
Pull Requests, that would be awesome. I'll also be having more of a
look a the guide later.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		pmetzger at macports.org