[macports-ports] branch master updated: py-*: add missing subports for python 3.5 and 3.6

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 12 00:47:56 UTC 2018

On Apr 10, 2018, at 15:39, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Mojca Miklavec (mojca) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/6c05e9852d0b08b2a8f14e7ee622031196a9d699
>
> The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
>
>      new 6c05e98  py-*: add missing subports for python 3.5 and 3.6

The thousands of builds this commit has scheduled on the buildbot have brought it to its knees. For whatever reason, the more scheduled builds there are, the longer the buildmaster takes to decide which build to start next, to the extent that for the past 28 hours, most of the buildbot's time has been spend deciding what to build next, rather than actually building anything. At this rate, it'll take a week or more to finish the builds for this commit. Meanwhile, requests to build commits that happened later are piling up.

We're not specifying any priority for the builders [1], and so because of the order in which the builders are initialized in our buildmaster config, it appears that most of the builds that have been completed for this commit are on the High Sierra builder. I'm going to cancel the pending builds for this commit on all the other builders, and I'll reschedule them later in smaller batches, after the other pending builds have had a change to finish.

The developer of buildbot thinks we may be able to improve buildbot's performance when there are so many pending builds, by switching to a postgresql database [2]. I intend to do that, when I have time.

[1] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56273

[2] https://lists.buildbot.net/pipermail/users/2016-October/000829.html