Regarding acl2 Port

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Mon Apr 16 05:10:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was working on updating the acl2 port version from 3.5 to 8.0

There has been lot of changes ever since to upstream. They moved to github
and the stable versions are released under 'acl2-devel' username
instead of acl2 (upstream).

I was thinking to obsolete acl2 and move the new port to acl2-devel.

Any thoughts or advice regarding this would be really helpful.
Probably from experienced Port developers and/or PortMgr.

I would also like to know how do I test all the variants and different
phases that are mentioned in initial Portfile. There were lot of
things that didn't work correctly with updated version but I was able
to pin point to only errors that I encountered (by running just port
-d build/destroot/install acl2) but there might be other changes too
that may be required. Do we run each and every variant combination and
test the portfile or is there any easy way to do so (maybe run a build
bot job ?).

--
Jackson Isaac