[macports-ports] 01/02: TeXShop3: mark as obsolete, replaced by TeXShop4

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 16 07:42:58 UTC 2018

On Apr 15, 2018, at 06:25, Marius Schamschula wrote:

> Marius Schamschula (Schamschula) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/12a01d50a2872f2d1375bb858c091b847b395591
>
> commit 12a01d50a2872f2d1375bb858c091b847b395591
>
> Author: Marius Schamschula
> AuthorDate: Sun Apr 15 06:24:31 2018 -0500
>

>     TeXShop3: mark as obsolete, replaced by TeXShop4

The TeXShop port still mentions that users of newer systems should use the TeXShop3 port instead. I guess that should be changed to recommend the TeXShop4 port now.

I'm surprised that TeXShop4 4.00 works on Mavericks and newer, when TeXShop3 3.99 required Sierra or newer. If they really did re-add compatibility with older systems, that's great.

It's a little weird that you have the TeXShop 2.47 port for Snow Leopard and older, and the TeXShop 4.00 port for Mavericks and newer, and no TeXShop port that works on Lion or Mountain Lion.