Is it possible to specify variant as part of depends_lib?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 08:24:20 UTC 2018

Hi,

Do you *really* mean root5 ? port info says it requires root6

Titan ~ > port info gds
gds @2.18.7 (science)
Variants:             universal

containing core routines for gravitational wave data analysis.
Homepage:
https://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/daswg/projects/lalsuite.html

Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig, swig, swig-python
Library Dependencies: python27, py27-numpy, curl, expat, fftw-3,
fftw-3-single, hdf5, jsoncpp, ldas-tools-framecpp, metaio, root6
Platforms:            darwin
License:              GPL
Maintainers:          Email: ed.maros at ligo.org, GitHub: emaros
                       Policy: openmaintainer

I did indeed recently change the default python variant of root6 to be
python36, from python27, just to be ready for the time python 2.7 is
officially depreciated. I don't really think going back to python27
makes sense, so I would suggest going forward you should look to making
python36 the default for gds as well.

cheers Chris