Migrating the guide to AsciiDoc

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Apr 22 09:39:23 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-22 09:44, Andrew Moore wrote:
> Just to be clear, asciidoc is the format, but asciidoctor is the text processor (a superset of python asciidoc).  Is that correct?

Yes. AsciiDoc is both the name of the format and also the name of the
original reference implementation in Python, but development on that
ceased a few years ago. AsciiDoctor is an alternative implementation in
Ruby and actively being developed.

We are already using the AsciiDoc format for our man pages, and that has
proved to be a good choice, because the format is quite extensible
(custom macros, includes, etc.).

Rainer