Migrating the guide to AsciiDoc

Andrew Moore slewsys at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:35:19 UTC 2018

On Apr 23, 2018, at 11:42 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> On 2018-04-22 09:29, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As requested during yesterday's meeting, here's the result of
>> automatic conversion of our guide from xml (docbook) to asciidoc:
>>
>>    https://github.com/macports/macports-guide/tree/master/guide/adoc
>>
>> This was initially explored by Aljaž and gives quite nice results
>> out-of-the-box, but there are still some issues with conversion that
>> will have to be addressed either by fixing docbookrx itself or
>> manually.
>
> Ruby and gems are really strange…

I had the impression that MacPorts rb-* gems were completely abandoned.  I haven't run ruby2.3 for a while, but have no  problem with either ruby2.5 or ruby2.6dev.

You might try:

$ sudo gem update —system

which should install the latest version of bundler (you really want that), and go from there.
In the particular case of nokogiri, you might also try running `gem install nokogiri` as user root.

$ ruby --version
ruby 2.6.0dev (2018-04-23) [x86_64-darwin17]
$ bundle --version
Bundler version 1.16.1
$ git clone https://github.com/asciidoctor/docbookrx
…
$ cd docbookrx
$ bundle
Fetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/..........
Resolving dependencies...
Fetching rake 10.4.2
Installing rake 10.4.2
Using bundler 1.16.1
Using diff-lcs 1.3
Using mini_portile2 2.3.0
Using nokogiri 1.8.2
Using docbookrx 1.0.0.dev from source at `.`
Fetching rspec-support 3.4.1
Installing rspec-support 3.4.1
Fetching rspec-core 3.4.4
Installing rspec-core 3.4.4
Fetching rspec-expectations 3.4.0
Installing rspec-expectations 3.4.0
Fetching rspec-mocks 3.4.1
Installing rspec-mocks 3.4.1
Fetching rspec 3.4.0
Installing rspec 3.4.0
Bundle complete! 3 Gemfile dependencies, 11 gems now installed.
Use `bundle info [gemname]` to see where a bundled gem is installed.
$ rake build
docbookrx 1.0.0.dev built to pkg/docbookrx-1.0.0.dev.gem.
$ sudo gem install pkg/docbookrx-1.0.0.dev.gem
Successfully installed docbookrx-1.0.0.dev
Parsing documentation for docbookrx-1.0.0.dev
Installing ri documentation for docbookrx-1.0.0.dev
Done installing documentation for docbookrx after 2 seconds
1 gem installed
$