GSoC 2018: Congratulations to the selected student and mentors

Umesh Singla umeshksingla at macports.org
Mon Apr 23 21:00:35 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

Google just announced 1,264 projects for this year's summer of code. I'm
happy to share with you all that as requested MacPorts got one slot for the
following project:

1. Vishnu M
    Project: Creating a dynamic website for Ports Index [1]
    Mentors: Mojca Miklavec and Jackson Isaac

This goes without saying but I'm just reiterating:

1. I would like the student and the mentors to publicly interact with the
community on the mailing list (preferably under a single thread) and IRC so
that the rest of the community is able to follow the project and help you
in case mentors go temporarily offline.

2. I would like the student and mentors to come up with a communication
plan (how often do you want to meet, platform - mail/IRC/video) as soon as
possible. This is really necessary so everyone has a clear idea from the
beginning what to expect out of the project.

This time until only the mid of May is meant for community bonding period,
so learning any tools required or improving the project plan needs to be
taken up before the official coding period begins.

I hope others will add more to this email. I'll myself add more to this
once my exams get over.

Regards,
Umesh

[1]: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6208860931489792