Gsoc 18 Project | Collect build statistics

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Apr 23 21:20:40 UTC 2018

Dear Vishnu,

Let me congratulate you for being accepted to the GSOC program with MacPorts.

Since your project is of vital importance for MacPorts, we will
require pretty high coding standards, including good documentation and
test cases, and strive towards early deployment, leaving sufficient
room for feedback and improvements.

Apart from regular email flow on the mailing list or IRC, I suggest to
have weekly live chat with mentors for brainstorming, ease of planning
& progress tracking, problem resolution, ...

We have three weeks of community bonding period in front of us. Making
good use of this time is equally important as coding itself, so we
hope you'll use this time well. I have a pretty long email nearly
ready with more instructions and suggestion about what I envisioned
for those three weeks. You might get some greeting from other members
of the team as well. You can expect help from me, Jackson and Umesh
(I'm at UTC+2, the other two are in the same time zone as you are),
but others should be able to help you as well (I don't always have all
the answers), final deployment can be done by Clemens or Rainer who
also have a lot more expertise in MacPorts internals than all the
three of us combined :).

We are looking forward to an awesome summer working together,
    Mojca