[Spam:********** SpamScore] Re: Need help with Portfile with only subports ...

Edward Maros emaros at ligo.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 24 15:21:11 UTC 2018

On 4/24/18 8:15 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2018-4-25 01:08 , Edward Maros wrote:
>> I am working on splitting swig extensions out of a source package to
>> better facilitate building of language extension packages. Previously
>> this was all done in one Portfile with each language being a subport of
>> the main package.
>>
>> Is it possible to have a Portfile which does not supply a main port, but
>> instead only subports?
>>
>> Should I think differently about how to solve this issue?
> Why do you think you need this? Can you explain what you are trying to
> do in a bit more detail?
>
> A "main port" is also a subport. The only difference is that it exists
> implicitly. Sometimes the main port is a stub that just installs a
> readme file or such, but that's certainly not required.
>
> - Josh
I am splitting the swig portion from ldas-tools-framecpp so the main
code will still be distributed as ldas-tools-framecpp, but a new source
distribution of ldas-tools-framecpp-swig will also be distributed. From
this second distribution, I want to create subport
py27-ldas-tools-framecpp and py34-ldas-tools-framecpp.

Ed