Gsoc 18 Project | Collect build statistics

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Wed Apr 25 05:25:15 UTC 2018

Hi Vishnu,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 3:36 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
> See last email from Ryan. Can you try to clone macports-ports and run
> portindex there? (Sorry, typing on my phone.) You can also go to our IRC
> channel for more real-time help.

For specific steps you could refer to step 3. at
https://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.git

For building portindex you can do the following steps
$ cd /opt/mports/macports-ports
$ portindex

It would take some time to create the whole portindex.

P.S: git clone might also take a lot of time if you are on a slow internet.
You could try a shallow clone [1] to make the checkout fast. You will
have only the latest commit and not the complete changeset.

Links:
[1]: https://www.perforce.com/blog/git-beyond-basics-using-shallow-clones

--
Jackson Isaac