protobufs (for those who are interested.)

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at macports.org
Wed Apr 25 15:45:25 UTC 2018

So it looks like there's no way to dig out of the
protobuf-cpp/protobuf3-cpp mistake without having a minor amount of
pain.

Following raimue's suggestion documented in:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56135
what I'm going to do is obsolete both of those and replace them with
a "protobuf" port. In the interim, I'm upgrading all ports that
depend on the old protobuf-cpp to protobuf3-cpp, which in some cases
involves port updates.

That way, when we do the last step, we'll be sure that the things
build with the latest protobuf library and tools. However, this means
we'll be bumping some port revisions twice, and things may be a bit
broken during the next day or two given that both protobuf-cpp and
protobuf3-cpp can't be installed at the same time.

(Given that we don't need the old one, getting them both to install
at the same time doesn't seem worthwhile.)

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		pmetzger at macports.org