How do I check what is autobuilding successfully?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 25 22:36:34 UTC 2018

On Apr 25, 2018, at 16:50, Jan Stary wrote:

> On Apr 25 14:44:51, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Apr 25, 2018, at 14:26, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>>
>>> So the package in question is "rethinkdb",
>>
>>> packages.macports.org doesn't seem to show the package there. Does
>>> that mean it indeed hasn't built in a long time?
>>
>> In this case, it means rethinkdb is not distributable.
>
> wat makes a package distributable (or not)?

Whether its license, and those of its recursive dependencies, allow it. Read the license texts if you like. The GNU General Public License, in particular, causes some software to be non-distributable. This is the script we use which comprises our understanding of license compatibility:

https://github.com/macports/macports-infrastructure/blob/master/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl

This is what the buildbot runs to determine whether it is permitted for us to distribute a binary we have built.